Monday, April 16, 2007

Things I hate about working outside of my house

Pantyhose. Admittedly I haven't worn them since day one, where I took them off in the bathroom about 2:00p.m. I put them in my purse (why did I do THAT?!) They are at home and I don't think I'll be wearing them any time soon.

Makeup. On Good Friday I went to church by myself. It was my decision. I was able to pray better and longer than I have in years, but I was missing my kids. Every time I looked up there was another homeschooling family. The tears started to come, then wouldn't stop. I asked the little old lady next to me if she had a tissue. She gave me the only one she had. I was sniffling and trying to keep my mascara from running so I don't wind up looking like Alice Cooper circa 1980! After a while the lady next to me asked the one behind us if she had any tissues because she didn't think I would make it on just hers. I made a complete fool of myself, I tried to get out of there without talking to anyone, but that is impossible. When I didn't wear stinking makeup all the time I could cry and not worry about what I look like!

Shaving my legs. Most of you know how much I HATE shaving my legs. The pits get shaved daily, I'm not European, the legs I let go for as long as I can stand it. I have shaved my legs four times in two weeks!!!! I can't stand it!!! I am the girl that shaved in September, for my brother's wedding, then didn't shave again until some time in March. That was after Robert woke up one morning and screamed, "AAARRRGGGHHH!! There's a man in our bed!!" That, and I just couldn't bare to wear shorts looking like Yeti.

Rush hour traffic. Wow, I haven't missed it. I am not usually one to engage in road rage, but I'm being pushed to my limit. Son #1 commented that I had yelled at another driver the other day and how unusual that was. I didn't tell him about the day when a lady cut me off who had a breast cancer pink ribbon bumper sticker. It was a VERY close call. I yelled, "Get breast cancer and die!" Definitely not one of my finer moments.

1 comment:

lady31 said...

I love you and I understand your road rage thing I get it everytime I come out there wwhether I am driving the car or not. :-)