Reasons I like the bus:
- I get my exercise by walking to and from the bus.
- During the monsoon I got to walk in all kinds of wild weather conditions. I never did get rained on tho' darnnit.
- Now that the kids are back in school I get to play with them on the bus for a short time.
- Lots of photo opportunities! (See my Facebook bus album)
- I put my makeup on while riding. This is ever so much safer than putting makeup on while driving.
- I plug in to my Pod and read a book. Not a bad way to spend 30-45 minutes.
- All the new friends I get to meet!
- Retarded Monkey Spandex Man...whose name is Richard I found out today.
- Lots of photo opportunities!
- So many stories.
- So many sights.
- So many smells.
- The lack of monotony. In the car it is just me. On the bus I get to see different things all the time.
- Public transit is a veritable socioeconomic melting pot. You have the rich & poor all together in an uncomfortable, cramped, noisy space.
- Getting up close and personal with my fellow man (sometimes WAY TOO up close).
- Constant opportunities to laugh. Just the other day a very large woman of color got on the bus with what appeared to be about 2 dozen bags hanging off her arms. She was a plastic sack tree. She did not appear to be homeless, but damn she had a lot of bags. She was wearing a pretty lavender shirt that was 2 sizes too small. It did not come down anywhere approaching her waistband. She didn't have a waist...she had a belly. Her belly dunlapped over her belt. I was frightened. I still have a belly albeit a much smaller one. I have the good sense to keep it covered up!
Anyway, you get the idea. The whole thing just cracks me up. There is something funny every single day. I love walking from the the bus into my office in the morning. For some reason that jaunt from Van Buren to Washington, while listening to my tunes, just makes me so happy. Sometimes I want to barf because I feel like Mary Tyler Moore. If I had a hat I would throw it.
Sad, but true. Up next...Unintentional Exercise or Bus Misadventures