Saturday, August 20, 2011

Life Moves Pretty Fast

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Ferris Bueller
My life moves so fast. DM and I have been separated for quite some time now. The kids and I have moved three times, #2 went on dialysis, and I lost my job in February. #2 is now on the transplant list, tho’ at this point he has 99% antibodies (not a good thing). It is only by the grace of God that we are surviving financially.
My kids help me stop and look around all the time. Without them I would be in the funny farm. We really do have such fun together.
Now, I’m starting school in two days. I’ve worked really hard to find a job to no avail. This whole school thing just fell into my lap, classes came together & financial aid is paying for all of it. I’m taking that as a sign that this is God’s will for me and am just doing it. I’m mostly excited and a little nervous. I love the fact that #1 and I will be at the same school. We even have a friendly wager as to who will have the better gpa at the semester. The loser will take the winner to a dinner of her choice. (Yes her choice…I’m going to win, you see.) He does remind me constantly that his classes are “more legit” than mine. If there is a tie…he wins the bet as he is taking calculus to my basic math.
So things are constantly changing and moving ever faster. I have the feeling that my life is about to become an episode of “Community”.

No comments: