Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home Life Update

Yesterday I wrote about the changes that have happened at work. Now for the home changes.

Driven Man has started working for a governmental agency that is involved in communications. Does the term "going postal" mean anything to you? He now has a "good" excuse for being cranky and insane. He is still working at night, just MUCH longer hours. The reason for him taking this job is because #1 had signed up to go to World Youth Day in Australia next summer. We were saving money but he, being Driven Man, had to take this job to raise the money. Later on we found out that since he wasn't 16 yet, one of his parental units would have to go with him. $4k is sooooo much more doable than $8k!! When that dream died, DM said he had to work for Christmas presents. He also has this family cruise idea. More power to him. Now I almost never see him. I am working during the day and he is working at night. Initially he was scheduled for 4-6 hours a night, now that it's Christmas it is 8 hours. The crazy thing about it is that they can decide to have people work overtime any time they feel. The employees HAVE to work it! They are held hostage & not able to leave! It really seems to be the opposite of my job. Some days it sucks & I really miss him. Other days it is probably for the best. Sad...but true.

Now I will experiment with inserting a picture:


This is the Christmas present I asked my mom to get me. It has been a long time since I had any cool Pampered Chef stonewear. I can't wait to use it.

Wow...I'm really lame. (hanging head in shame)

No comments: