Thursday, August 7, 2008

Freaks on the loose!

Yesterday was "Take Your Child to Work Day" at my firm. That being the case I was spared the agony of the root-growing experiment and instead got to hang out with the little darlings all day.

The morning began well. #3, who is his mother's child and does a fabulous "bear in deep winter" impersonation, bounded out of bed shortly after 6 a.m., followed by #2 who had slept on the couch...in his clothes. #1 had to be coaxed from his slumber but was pleasant...until...he remember we were taking the dreaded bus to work!!!!!! This strapping, 15 year old, football playing, young man began whining like a two year old at nap time.
Pleasemompleasepleasepleasedon'ttakethebusthecarisgoodIreallywanttotakethecarIhatethebusthebussuckspleasepleasepleasedon'tmakeme!
Ad nauseaum.
We took the bus. (insert evil grin here)
While on our walk #1 continued his diatribe until threatened with being left home...apparently being left out is a fate worse than the bus.

Here is a picture of me, tho, it doesn't show what I am doing...putting on my makeup. Yes, I sit on a bus bench, on one of the most congested streets in the city, and do my face...I am a looser...what can I say.
This next image, is part of the scenery of the bus stop...petrified chicken bones! They have been there for the past week...maybe they are from the Petrified Forest! I could charge admission!
The bus we took was more crowded than usual, we stopped for 3...count them...3 people in wheelchairs. This was a personal record for my bus riding experience. My boys are so good, they got up voluntarily so that older/female people could sit...which left them hanging on me! At least their germs & smells are familiar. I took some pictures...here are a couple of "bus friends" that my guys gave up their seats for:

#2 was lucky that he finally stood up. The bearded man in the photo was chatting up the guy next to him...it could have been #2 trapped there, instead he was draped across my shoulder like a cat on lithium. When we were finally released from the bus, we went to my office, where the fun began!
I will finish this in two more parts (Gotta do some work!!!! Check me out...I can barely contain myself!!!)












No comments: